Sunday, August 28, 2016

Quilled Flower Tag

Hello and welcome!! Today, I was playing with my quilling tools and made a couple of flowers.
So I decided to use one of those quilled flowers to create my tag for Tag You're It Challenge #54.
This time, the inspiration tag was made by Michelle Short and it feature a nice flower and a blue background.

For my tag ... I die cut my tag from watercolor cardstock. Then stamped the stem and leaves using Archival Ink, and colored the leaves using my new Wink of Stella glitter pens.

After tat, I masked the leaves and sponged the blue background using Distress Ink, and sprinkled some water to give more texture to my background.

Finally, I glued my quilled flower and sentiment.

Here's the final result...





You still have time to play along at Tag You're It Challenge#54:


Supplies used:
  • Cardstock: Distress Watercolor Cardstock (Ranger)
  • Dies: Tag Collection (Sizzix-Tim Holtz)
  • Stamp set: Flower Patch (Poppy Stamps)
  • Ink Pads: Peacock Feathers (Distress Ink)
  • Wink of Stellas Glitter Pens (ZIG)
  • Twine: Shore (The Twinery)
  • Quilling tools & paper (Quilled Creations)
  • Mini Mister (Ranger)
Thank you so much for visiting. I really appreciate all your sweet comments!
Have a wonderful day!!
Hugs,
Raquel

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Your quilled flowers are so gorgeous. What a beautiful take on Michelle's inspiration! Thanks for playing along with us at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jen! Thank you so much for visiting and for your kind comment. Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Swoon!!! What an awesome flower. Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love your take on my tag, Raquel. That quilled flower is beautiful and I love the background. Thank you so much for playing along at Tag You're It challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'd love to read your comments!