Friday, December 16, 2016

Guest Designer - Inkspirational Challenge #124

Hello and welcome!!
I'm honored and excited to be the Guest Designer for Inkspirational Challenge #124.



This week is a Color challenge using Neutrals Only



My project for this challenge is a Christmas card using the colors: gray and white.

Here is my card...




As this is a Christmas card, I needed to add a bit of sparkle, so the ribbon was the perfect touch.


I love how this card turned out, so I used this design for my Christmas cards 2016.
I made them in red and green, and they look as pretty as the gray version.
Here's a look...
 

How to make this card:
1. Form a card base from gray cardstock and stamp the stars using white pigment ink.
2. Die cut a stitched rectangle panel and heat embossed the sentiment and the tree.
3. Adhere the ribbon to the stitched panel and the die cut star to the tree.
4.Adhere the panel to the card base with foam adhesive.


For more inspiration from the Design Team head over to Inkspirational Challenge blog, and  I hope you'll play along, too!!

Have a great day and thanks so much for visiting!!
Hugs,
Raquel


Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Gravel Gray (My Favorite Things) / The Twinkle Glints Stack (DCWV)
  • Stamp sets: Hand Lettered Holiday (My Favorite Things) / Tremendous Triangles (Whimsy Stamps)
  • Dies: Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables (Lawn Fawn) / Tremendous Triangles (Whimsy Stamps)
  • Ink pads: Unicorn Pigment Ink (Hero Arts) / Versa Mark (Tsukineko)
  • Embossing powder: WOW! Opaque Bright White
  • Ribbon

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and classy card this is! I can't believe how well the white stands out against the grey - I really must try this myself. It'a a non-traditional colour scheme but still looks fabulously festive. Thank you so much for being our wonderful Guest Designer at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous design. I really like the funky tree and the white and grey really suit the neutral look. Great to have you as our GD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these beauties, Raquel! I must say your heat embossed white sentiments and tree is so sharp and clear...no sprinkle of embossing where it's not supposed to be.
    So fab to have you join us at INK as GD :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! It is a great design and the white on grey looks so crisp and fantastic! It is great having you design with us at Inkspirational! Congrats on the GD spot!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are absolutely wonderful, Raquel! The stars, the tree, the sentiment, the sparkly ribbon: a combination that has me swooning! So thrilled to have you as our GD for this challenge; you've brought us sensational INKspiration!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful neutral card! Love the design. So glad you could be our GD over at Inkspirational! 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'd love to read your comments!